Saturday, September 20, 2008

Falling Down Funny

The funniest thing off all funny things is people falling down. Don't think so watch this and this. I'm not sure why. I think it's because it's so unexpected. You can't see it coming. They didn't even see it coming. I think many tight-assed people mistake laughing at something for agreement. I think laughing has got a couple of different sources. 

There is definitely the laughing at/ humiliation to maintain pecking order kind. I think shock gets a lot of laughs. I've also laughed in a giggling sort of way when I'm learning something really fucking cool. Then there is the "That would be so embarrassing, if that were me I might just die" Office humour. And of course the highest form of humour all things Poo. I know Henri Bergson has a theory as does Freud, but lets face it they are both old dead douchebags and about as funny.

But, the fact that a close second to humans falling down is cats falling down, blows most of my theorizing out of the water. I think the reigning champ of funny has got to be Shock. But Actually cats doing all kind of stupid shit is kind of uber-funny. These almost make we want a cat again.


Today's Song of the Day is "Ev'rybody Want To Be A Cat" by Phil Harris & Scatman Crothers" off the 1970 soundtrack "The Aristocats"

Crazy Fact: Scatman Crothers was good friends with Jack Nicholson appearing in four movies together including his personal favourite "The Shining" as Dick Hallorann.

 njoy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Grape Lady kills me every time.

So does this guy

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLlqIuVhI