Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.

I'm not sure what I think about this video.

My problem is that it is such an easy sell to ignorant american flag wavers. I don't every want to agree with these idiots on anything, they are just so offensive.

But, I kinda feel like she is going to die really soon for saying these brave words. And that might be her point. I think christianity is full of shit, I'm allowed to say that and I don't feel like my life is at risk by saying that, nor is anyone going to beat me up. There is more danger in saying the same thing about Islam, I feel like there is, maybe it's just me. maybe it's the political climate effecting me.

Anyway watch the video, she's is a powerful speaker.


Today's Song of the Day is "Strange Brew: by Cream off their 1967 album "Disraeli Gears."

Crazy Fact: This song was originally titled "Lawdy Mama".

njoy

2 comments:

Mad'Nis said...

Actually, what I find the most interesting about this video is how she is permitted to speak. Not that she's allowed to express these views at all (She's lives in New York, I believe, BTW, I read about this interview a while ago), but that she is largely uninterrupted when she's saying these pretty outrageous things, as reasonable as they are.

I like the hand gestures too. Interesting bit of video, no question.

I compare it to Fox News or something, where such a speech against Christian imperialism would be shut down or shouted down. At least they let her speak, maybe discourse is alive and well in the middle east in spite of the obvious problems.

Mad'Nis said...

Ah, New York, Los Angeles, what's the difference?

(How embarrassing)