Wednesday, August 16, 2006

a denial


I'm deep into some kind of a war comic mania.

If I go to one more wedding before my own I'm gonna snap. I'm going to Newfoundland for a wedding this weekend. I guess that means I'm gonna snap. I think I'll choose to think of this as just a glorious trip to Newfoundland. I'll title it "Our trip to Newfoundland." and oh look a wedding along the way. I think that's the best I can do, and I'm afraid it's not a very convincing form of denial. It definitely won't hold up under cross-examination. I'll have to ask for a continuance or a mistrial at this point, er, whatever... some sort of lawyer's tricks is necessary at this point in the courthouse of my mind, in the trial for my sanity. "Granted!" Court will have a recess for a week or so while the defendant comes up with a less shabby form of denial, and yes your objection has been noted on the record which the court reporter will shred momentarily. WHACK!"

wicked.


I think this song was in every Vietnam War movie ever.



Today's Song of the Day is "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane off their 1967 album "Surrealistic Pillow."

Crazy Fact: The name of this band was suggested by there guitarist who had once jokingly been dubbed "Blind Thomas Jefferson Airplane" by a friend in reference to the blues singer Blind Lemon Jefferson.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Cel won't say it then I will.

"Just get married already!"

James

Anonymous said...

I'm with Cel and James. You should probably just married, if you can afford it.

I'd do it, but my gal and in-laws aren't down with a city hall and potluck or BBQ reception. Whatever makes you and your lady happy is what's most important. To some, it's a church wedding and reception of some sort. To others, it's just the piece of paper. For every individual its 'whatever works best and fuck the rest.'

So get married already, or shut it and deal. That's what I've been doing.

Mike W

Anonymous said...

Ol' Sarah is hotter than a boiling cyst on Satan's nut. You should really close this deal while you still have the chance.

Mad'Nis said...

Wow, that was more shocking than Rosie and the dildo...

Yeah, well you can do the Celery version... I'm sorta lucky that in Germany the Bride's family has to pay... although MY family is paying bloody 10 times as much just to cross the ocean, wha? ;-)

Elope. Go to Scotland. Really. Come by in between. We'll drink weissbeer and shock the Berliners... not.