Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm going to try to be better.

When I first saw iTunes my jaw dropped and still hasn't closed all the way.

I LOVE iTunes it's in my top five obsessions. I discovered Napster AFTER iTunes. I discovered all this business AFTER iTunes. Clearly, I love it and I'm Obsessed. My jaw dropped yet again.

The First time my jaw dropped was when I put in a CD and iTunes went on the Interweb, got all the track info, ripped it to MP3s then Ejected it while waiting for another. My Tongue went all dry and nasty as I couldn't close my mouth because all available energy was redirected to feeding that monster CDs and watching my collection grow and grow and grow. I think it's took me about Six months to get over that.

The Second time my jaw dropped was when I discovered you could store the album art and composer in the MP3 file. I spent many many moons seaching out covers and composers for every song I had. I'm still doing that. (if anyone can find the original cover or release date of 'The Russians are Coming (Take 5)' by Val Bennet, that would be awesome OR a decent cover for Blue Swede's 'Hooked on a Feelin'' OR for 'Shop Around' by The Miracles. anyway...)

The Third time my jaw dropped was just yesterday, when I discovered that with the right tweeks the newest iTunes will go on the internet and upload the Lyrics of the song your listening to and imbed them in the file.

I am such a stamp collector right now you have NO idea.

Ok I have to GOT study now.

(needless to say that from this point on all MP3s I send out will include the Lyrics as Well as the Album Art. DUDE! I Can't control myself...


Today's Song of the Day is "Maps" off their 2003 debut album "Fever to Tell."

Crazy Fact: Within a year of forming they went on tour supporting The White Stripes and The Strokes.

njoy

3 comments:

Mad'Nis said...

Haha, no stress man, beat that dog yo!

Did you hear about Sony putting spyware on their CD's so they can track music sharing on PC's? Coming from me, it's just a rumour. I have no source. Sorry for spreading it if it's false.

mac mac mac mac mac mac, yayaya!

Lyrics, imbedded in the file, I gotta check that out.

Mad'Nis said...

Holy shit, Suzanne's in Hamburg, and she may get the prize for being my first visitor, ever!

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention that the bands name was the yeah yeah yeah's.

some stamp collector.