Friday, September 02, 2005

ACME Instant Conversation

I have something to say to people I didn't have anything to say before. Sarah pointed this out. Does this look familiar?

A: Hey.
B: Hey.
A: What's new?
B: Not much.
C: Hey.
A: HEY!
B: hey...
C: I didn't know you guys knew each other.
A: Yeah.
B: Small town.
C: sure is.
B: yup that is it.
A: very small
B: 'cause I didn't know YOU guys...
C: yeah well, you know..
B: Pfft... yeah I know alright.
A: good good

At this point most of your brain has falls away into an ocean of boredom and there exists only in a storm of aborted exit strategies. BUT Now that I'm getting married I can say,

A: "We're getting MARRIED!"
B: "REALLY?!
A: Yes sir!
B: "Wow cool! I just got back from a wedding.
A: Really! where?
B: actually they did it in the Oxford Theatre
A: FUCK that's Cool!
B: Yeah they photoshoped all there childhood photos together like they've always been together in the slideshow thing.
A: COOL.
B: very.

or

A: We're getting married!
B: really... I just did.
A: WOW! How was it.
B: Elope. just elope.
A: Eeek!

It's Crazy. I have so many aquaintences and it's Instant Conversation (with Real Cheese in the Mix) I love it. and still it's a blast seeing everyones faces. It really is an honest moment. The masks just fall away when they find out. It's great.


Today's Song of the Day is "New York Telephone Conversation" by Lou Reed off his 1972 album "Transformer."

Crazy Fact: In 1974 he decided to play up to the cartoon junkie role that some in his audience seemed eager to assign to him. On-stage, that meant shocking bleached hair, painted fingernails, and simulated drug injections. CRAZY!

njoy

No comments: