Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Satan Doesn't Notice Me.

Thinking your behind the eight-ball is scaryer than actually being behind said ball.

I was in a panic when I realized I missed a day of courses. I'll NEVER catch up. NEVER! I'm FUCKING-FUCKED! It was with this ego-melting panic I walked into my Discrete Math class today. I sat waiting, silently doubting. Throat tightening, I sat, as fear crawled over my self-worth and began to consume it like swarm of methodical army ants eating a stinky rotten cheese version of me. I didn't have the right Edition of the Text, I missed the first class, I haven't completed Calculas yet... i'm FUCKED FUCKEDFUCKEDFUCKED. I tried not to show fear in front of the other, more deserving students. The shame of it began to work at me from the inside. I was moments away from puking, the stress of it has risen my guts up to the back of my throat.

By this point the entrance to the professor is akin to Lucifer himself entering the room and with an uncompromising vengence and hatred, flaying off my skin while he and the other students laughed at my tears, shame and plea's for forgiveness. I'm sure I can smell the sulfur. Now clearly I can hear his menacing hoofs march toward the classroom of my doom. The heat of hottest Hell comes for me, my fearful sweating is sloppy and uncontrollable.

The professor comes in. I know this isn't Satan because clearly this man has never been laid. Not to mention, the Dark One would never take the form of Martin Short and this human is a dead-ringer for Martin Short. Martin Short really took the bite out of my fear. The irrational fear really subsided when he reviewed what he did last class, which was nothing. And as far as my self-worth is concerned, well the those army ants had to put that stinky cheese me back together when I realized how easy it was. And I'll tell you a few dumb-ass questions from my 'peers' peppered through-out the hour and a half class made my future in this course much more appetizing.

Thank Jesus, Mary 'n' Joseph for dumb-ass students in my hour of need. They will never fail. And the universe keeps churning them out, ever-distancing me (and you) from that ego-melting bottom rung. Oh students, usually you have not but my ire, but today, feast upon my gratitude little ones!


Today's Song of the Day is "Kissing a Fool " by George Micheal off his 1987 album "Faith."

Crazy Fact: His real name is Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou. wow.

njoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a crazy fact for you.

Go onto awfulplasticsurgery.com to see the kind of weird, botoxed mandroid ol GM has turned himself into. Some folks refuse to age gracefully...and others refuse to invest in good plastic surgeons. More scary than crazy.