Friday, May 26, 2006

I like lists

Again, according to those hip cats at the Rolling Stone Magazine this should be how you view Rock and/or Roll if you are to think of yourself as wry, hip cat of taste and sophistication. I wonder what would happen to there list if 1960-1970 fell off their list? A lousey 10 years and this puppy is shot to hell.

#1 Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
#2 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction -The Rolling Stones
#3 Imagine - John Lennon
#4 What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
#5 Respect - Aretha Franklin
#6 Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
#7 Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
#8 Hey Jude - The Beatles
#9 Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
#10 What'd I Say - Ray Charles
#11 My Generation - The Who
#12 A Change Is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke
#13 Yesterday - The Beatles
#14 Blowin' in the Wind - Bob Dylan
#15 London Calling - The Clash
#16 I Want to Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
#17 Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
#18 Maybellene - Chuck Berry
#19 Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
#20 Let it Be - The Beatles
#21 Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
#22 Be My Baby - The Ronettes
#23 In My Life - The Beatles
#24 People Get Ready - The Impressions
#25 God Only Knows - The Beach Boys
#26 A Day in the Life - The Beatles
#27 Layla - Derek and the Dominos
#28 Sittin On the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
#29 Help! - The Beatles
#30 I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
#31 Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
#32 Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones
#33 River Deep, Mountain High - Ike & Tina Turner
#34 You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - The Righteous Brothers
#35 Light My Fire - The Doors
#36 One - U2
#37 No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley and the Wailers
#38 Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
#39 That'll Be the Day - Buddy Holly and The Crickets
#40 Dancing In The Street - Martha and The Vandellas
#41 The Weight - The Band
#42 Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks
#43 Tutti Frutti - Little Richard
#44 Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
#45 Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley
#46 Heroes - David Bowie
#47 Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
#48 All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
#49 Hotel California - The Eagles
#50 The Tracks Of My Tears -Smokey Robinson

This one is on this list and I've past over it a for the last time.


Today's Song of the Day is "Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry off his 1959 album "Chuck Berry Is on Top."

Crazy Fact: In the early '70s Chuck Berry scored his last hit with a live version of the salacious nursery rhyme, "My Ding a Ling," yielding Berry his first official gold record.

njoy

No comments: