Thursday, December 08, 2005

Studying, not studying.

Dude. I once again return to an OLD subject. I hate people.

The Computer Science building is a mother fucking crap shoot. For the following reasons:

1. It's open 24-hours a day. Therefore attracting any student on campus who can't study at home because they are too easily distracted... therefore full of distracted and distractable people.

2. It's across the street from the Law Building therefore attracting law students looking for an 'edge' and sleeping on the books... therefore latte cups on in every nook and no place to sit.

3. PEOPLE TALKING! I hate them. These fuckers have been talking about the Hudson Bay Company for the last 3.5 hours. It is clear to me that they are first-year bonehead Com. students who are now 'grossed-out' about fur. Let's listen in...

Dink: ewww... that's GROSS!
Dope: yeah! ew ew EW, close that page NOW!

(Click. pause)

Dink: It makes you think doesn't it?
Dope: Yeah I wear fur...
Dink: What!? really? YOU wear FUR?
Dope: yah but mine er all, like, fox and rabbits.
Dink: Well I guess...
Dope: not BEAVER... so... it's not like THAT!
Dink: I GUESS it's ok?
Dope: yeah...
Dink: Anyway I have fur on two of my jackets too... so I guess it's ok.

Pif: ( K I L L M E )

They must've heard my thoughts because they look around and see me, then my black leather jacket.

Dink: Why don't they ever talk about leather?
Dope: Yeah. THAT's the same thing.
Dink: -but without the fur.
Dope: what fur?
Dink: You know.. not fur... but...
Dope: What do you mean?
Dink: You know the outside the hair or whatever.
Dope: oh yeah yeah without the outside stuff...

(Pause)

Pif: ( K I L L M E P L E A S E )

3. Computer Geeks want friends. This is awesome. They tell you how to do things. They discuss your assignment with you, show you how they did it. My saviour!

4. Computer geeks want friends. This is aweful. They tell you how to do things the help you discuss your assignment with you, show you how they did it. My Hell!

5. Computer Geeks speak a code I understand. This is invaluable. I've overheard entire soultions to assignments and hints to the secrets of Computerdom.

6. Computer Geeks speak a code I understand. This is a nightmare. I overhear All kinds of unnecessarily difficult ways to confuse myself and make my code completely uncompilable. When I listen and believe, it shatters my self-confidence, when I listen and know better, My ego swells unmanagabley and arrogance is ultimately my undoing.

Hey it worked. They all left. sweet. Now I guess I'll go home and play video-games.


Today's Song of the Day is "Human Behavior" by Bjork off her 1993 album "Debut."

Crazy Fact: Sarah (MY Sarah) touched her pregnant belly AND in the spring of 2000, she was named Best Actress by jurors at the Cannes Film Festival for her work in Lars von Trier's Palme d'Or-winning Dancer in the Dark.

njoy

2 comments:

Mad'Nis said...

What the heck was sarah doing touching Bjork's pregnant belly? Are they buddies or something?

rootwood said...

Who's pregnant?