Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A First

Well, I'm not sure what to think.

I was going to send this song yesterday. Today I noticed that this song is ranked the number one download at iTunes Store. That's never happened before.

I'm always sending some god awful bowie song from the 70s or some jazz tune from the 40s and the like. I'm not sure what to think. I really like this song. It's stuck in my head. You'll probably like it too.

This is Weird.


Today's Song of the Day is "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley off his 2006 album "St. Elsewhere."

Crazy Fact: One of the member of this duo, Danger Mouse, concocted The Grey Album, a bootleg that mashed the vocals from "The Black Album" by Jay-Z with music samples courtesy of "The White Album" by the Beatles. Sounds great but we'll never hear it, due to a cease-and-desist order. Copyright is killing this artform.

njoy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get Dangermouse's Grey Album here. Point and click downloadable MP3s courtesy of Kembrew McLeod!

I do agree with the sentiment about copyright, McLeod is one of the leading academics working in this field.

Njoy

Mad'Nis said...

Interesing. You can check out the new Kool Keith video here if you haven't seen it already... I met these guys in Berlin, quite wacky.

On iFilm

Or on MySpace