Saturday, July 01, 2006

Dig it.

Well most of us have settled into the idea that we can't be sure of truth of any article from a large news organzation. Either they have an agenda to push (biased) or they are pandering to their audience (tell'm what they want hear don't ruffle there feathers) or they are afraid of getting sued (corporate pressure). All these things consistantly keep the truth filtered out of the news.

Well I found something really cool.

www.digg.com

Digg uses a non-hierarchaical editorial system. What that means is that members (300,000 of them) rate each article as the read it. They either 'digg it' (+1) or 'bury it' (-1) or nothin'. This raises the stories rank possibly to the front page if it's dugg enough. Membership is free and without bullshit. I heard it's the ranked 4th on the internet as an information source. holy. And you can comment on articles and comments can also be dugg or buried. and anyone can submit an article. very very cool. check it out. I'm addicted.

I feel like I just wrote an infomercial for digg. I kinda feel dirty. weird. anyway CNN, NYT, Yahoo! news, google news are kinda pissed. fun. I think this song explains how I feel about the big media organizations.


Today's Song of the Day is "Girlfriend in a Coma" by The Smiths off their 1987 album "Strangeways, Here We Come."

Crazy Fact: The first time The Smiths were seriously misinterpreted was in 1983 when "Reel Around the Fountain," a song that had been aired on a BBC radio session, was alleged to condone child abuse.

njoy

No comments: