Friday, December 15, 2006

Going to the Chapel and we're taking a vallium.

Here is a video of me after the ceremony is over and I realize I never EVER have to do that again.

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=b540ee109ac06238d3d5676_20061207

This also the outfit I've picked out for the honeymoon suite. And if your coming to the wedding this is the dance we are all going to do in celebration of this joyous day... except the ceremony part of the day. I want to skip the ceremony. I can't really find many allies on this one. I'm incredibly nervous about this ceremony business. I like the being married part, I just don't like the ceremony part. I need a way to calm the nerves so I don't have a panic attack. I'm thinking vallium. That's the only thing in my bag of tricks so far, but if anyone to lend me a trick ot two, it would be super handy. I've always said I'll need a diaper or a gurney to make it through the ceremony. I thought I was joking. Now I'm not so sure. I'd perfer a stretcher to a totally panic attack meltdown, like space mountain, where I scream like a bat uncontrollably. It was ok in the dark and on a rollercoster, but in a hall in front of all my friends and new family... not really an option, more like a very real nightmare.


Today's Song of the Day is "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads off their 1977 album "Talking Heads: 77".

Crazy Fact: In 1976, keyboardist Jerry Harrison, a former member of Jonathan Richman's Modern Lovers, was added to the lineup.

njoy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mad'Nis said...

Cel, I don't know what you're talking about. I dare not guess which country I am... probably china... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Spending the whole day of the wedding getting waited on helped me get through those last few hours before (of course, I still was so nervous I lost the wedding license, so we were not actually legally married until three days later, witnessed by 2 strangers in our officiant's office building).

I'd suggest you do the same. I got a long massage, a manicure, my hair styled at Jay Wells, and then a long, luxurious, expensive lunch (with a few mohitos). Most importantly, I didn't see anyone from my family or the wedding party until about an hour before. It was perfect.

Just give all of the last minute detail checking to someone else, and pretend you're enjoying your last day before execution (death standing here for massive change, not a horrific event). The rest of the day is easy--automatic, even. It's the time before the event which is the most difficult.

Mad'Nis said...

What? That was your enlightened experience? ;-)

Antje and I spent the night before apart, and we both had no idea how the other would look when we met. I was surrounded by family and friends and nearly drowned in love and support, haha!

I remember your head trying to work it's way down your neck Caleb, but it need not be so. Just do it in a foreign language with a good team, and it's all clear.

Pif, I recommend doing it in Mi'qMaq, or however the hell you spell that.

rootwood said...

I've got your back.

Don't worry Pif - The Best Man will take care of everything. All you have to do is continue to draw breath, repeat the statements that you are told to, and sign the forms. Everything will go smoothly.

We are all on the same side, here. Nothing to panic about.

Mad'Nis said...

I just wanna say: Thank goodness for all the Best Men everywhere!

You can't really know what a best man is until you've needed one. I quite like the N. American version where you can have "Groomsmen", but my best man here in Germany was so full with the honour that he really did a fantastic job. And it's really work! So appreciate it, Uncle Pif!

Haha, I'm sure you will. Or do. Whatever. Goodluck!